Have you ever felt just a little “unlovable” because you have a health issue, like Crohn’s, Colitis, scars, or any others? You know, like somehow if people knew about your crazy crappy symptoms, and possibly even scars, they might not love you anymore?
Or have you told yourself that you’re “not attractive” or “gross,” only because of your symptoms or scars?
I’m here to tell you that you are not alone. I have felt it this way, so do countless others.
But here’s what I’ve learned: my crazy, crappy symptoms don’t make me unlovable or unattractive – they actually make me more lovable and attractive! And it’s the same for you!
I’ve earned these scars, and with each one of them, I’ve learned valuable lessons about how to love myself more, and thus promoting others to love me more as well.
Many come to learn these lessons, and develop more self-love as a by-product. Here are just a few of them (and the ones I think are the most important):
- You can learn to love yourself.
- You can learn how to take care of yourself, and how to make your health a priority.
- You can learn what is special about your body and what works and doesn’t work, such as certain foods or habits.
- You can learn how the experiences you’ve been through help to shape you as a person, and how they’ve helped you to have empathy and compassion for others.
- You can learn that even though you’re busy, there are still things you can fit into your day that will help move you toward your goal, and get your life back.
- You can learn that there are others who are ready, willing, and able to help you on your journey.
- You can learn that you don’t have to do it all alone – in isolation.
- You can learn that when you “exercise” self-care, you are encouraging others to do the same and simultaneously making the world a better place!
I believe you may have more lessons like these, tons of them! More love and self-care? Yes, please! Let us know in the comments one thing that you can do: love yourself more today, and others will love you more!